** IACLEA: Marketing & Communications Associate
Institution name: International Assoc of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators
Title: ** IACLEA: Marketing & Communications Associate
Job location: IN
Job category: Command/Supervisory Staff positions
Posting date: 2022-11-02 00:00:00
End date: 2022-11-30 00:00:00
POSITION TITLE: Marketing & Communications Associate
The Marketing & Communications Associate will support the brand positioning and standards, raising its visibility and positioning IACLEA as the premier campus police and public safety professional membership association. The position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer but will support all team members as required.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Support IACLEA’s mission and goals with a team-oriented approach.
2. Prepare and deliver promotional materials to support association trainings, initiatives, membership recruitment, annual conference, and other programs. “Materials” include, but are not limited to, graphics for iaclea.org, social media infographics, videos, whiteboards, and print collateral.
3. Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather import data (social media, web analytics, email analytics, etc.)
4. Develop marketing campaigns to increase Association membership, trainings, and events.
1. Create and maintain a communications schedule that is shared with the staff. Research industry-related news, events, and activities that IACLEA should recognize/participate (i.e., National Police Week).
2. Write and edit the Weekly Bulletin, Campus Law Enforcement Journal, Association News, emails, and other publications.
3. Develop and maintain a robust social media presence for the Association.
4. Regularly audit iaclea.org for outdated information. Provide website modifications. Provide maintenance of a vibrant website, ensuring iaclea.org is the go-to destination for campus public safety professionals. Material for the site could be researched, found, or created. Maintain Corporate Partner subpages on iaclea.org.
5. Regularly audit CONNECTIONS, IACLEA’s online member community. Refresh content, images, and general maintenance to keep the member community fresh and relevant.
6. Regularly audit the IACLEA Online Education Center. Refresh content, images, and general maintenance to keep the site fresh and relevant.
7. Together with the Executive Director, board president, board VP of finance, and additional board members as needed, draft speeches and presentations for the Annual Conference.
1. Assist with online training through webinars and the Online Education Center.
2. Coordinate speaker/instructor materials including contracts, honoraria, handouts, etc.
3. Coordinate speaker/instructor travel and logistics.
4. Provide onsite support for Leadership Institutes, if needed
D. Meetings & Events
1. Assist with maintenance of the speaker resource center and Annual Conference website with up to date and relevant information.
2. Provide onsite support for the Conference, if needed.
E. Additional Duties
1. Along with other staff support the progress of activities for the strategic plan and President’s key initiatives.
2. Assist with grant writing and preparation, and support grant initiatives as needed.
3. Reevaluate internal policies and procedures and update supporting documentation, allowing for cross-departmental transparency and support. Provide feedback / ideas for continuous improvement and success of the Association’s operations.
4. Consistently update IACLEA’s membership database keeping the data “clean”.
5. Attend scheduled meetings and events.
6. Provide back-up during employee vacations and emergencies.
7. Assist all team members, as needed, in project implementation and completion.
8. Other duties as assigned by the authority of the Chief Operating Officer.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent knowledge of all MS 365 software.
· Strong functional knowledge of social media principles, practices, and application.
· Impeccable attention to detail.
· Superior organizational and time management skills.
· Working knowledge or technical competence as it pertains to additional platforms such as Canva, Higher Logic, AMS database, etc. is a plus.
· Ability to work independently in a remote setting.
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- Marketing sample: 1-sheeter "What is IACLEA? Who are we & what do we do?"
- Writing sample: Email recruiting new members