Register today for IACLEA's 61st Annual Conference & Exposition, which this year will be held in a second-to-none city: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, June 25-28, 2019. #IACLEA2019 will be the largest Canadian IACLEA conference to date! Don't miss it!
This conference includes all the elements that make IACLEA events invaluable.
- Bill Bratton, former Los Angeles PD, and New York City Police Commissioner. His talk is sponsored by LiveSafe Mobile.
- Bill Evans, executive director of public safety and chief of police for Boston College, who recently transitioned from the Boston Police Department.
- Attorney Eric Daigle, back by popular demand after his well-received session in 2018. His presentation is sponsored by PowerDMS.
- FBI Special Agent in Charge Christopher Combs, who oversaw the 2018 investigation into the Austin, Texas, serial bombing, which over 19 days terrorized the city, and killed two people and injured five.
Energized experts submitted a record number of workshop proposals. The full program of more than 30 workshops will be announced soon. Each will cover a relevant concern or new development in campus public safety.
A plenary-style Industry Challenge on mental health concerns on campus will be presented by Securitas and feature leading experts. See the January/February Campus Law Enforcement Journal for a preview article.
Also, don't miss the pre-conference workshop on Monday, June 24, focused on emergency planning and preparedness. Additional fees apply.
"The sessions were valuable, and I had a hard time deciding which to go to because there were so many good ones." – 2018 conference attendee
EXPOSITION: The exhibit hall will again be a lively whirlwind of new products and services. And—new this year—we'll offer presentations by companies, joined by a representative of a member agency who is using their product so you can obtain real user feedback. You also can schedule one-on-one meetings with IACLEA Corporate Partners on June 25 or June 26 (please select either date when scheduling). Click here for directions on how to book.
ENTERTAINMENT & MEALS: IACLEA has scheduled many social functions, allowing for networking with your peers. Chief's Night will be held at stunning Prospect Point in Stanley Park overlooking the Lion's Gate Bridge. In addition, all attendees are invited to lunch with our Corporate Partners and the welcome reception with our valued exhibitors.
"It is the best conference in the world for professional development and networking in the campus public safety arena." – 2018 conference attendee
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is known as the "Castle in the City" and reflects timeless luxury and history of Vancouver. Reserve your room today!
TRIED & TRUE: The program includes favorites of conference regulars, such as regional meetings, the women member's luncheon, Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics, minority members meeting and reception, and institution meetings. IACLEA is pleased to work with host institution the University of British Columbia Campus Safety Department to bring you an educational and unforgettable conference.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Special hotel rates are available starting at $259 CAD/night. Use the link below to save!
IACLEA LAW ENFORCEMENT TORCH RUN: Law Enforcement Torch Run powered for campus public safety and law enforcement personnel who want to help Special Olympics athletes experience acceptance, achievement, and admiration through sport. There are 130 IACLEA branded shirts available, priority is for those people that register early. Click here to register.
ALL WORK & NO PLAY? NO WAY! Special rates are available to attendees for a 7-day, 5-ports-of-call cruise (Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay National Park, College Fjord) on Princess Cruises departing June 29th from Vancouver to Anchorage, Alaska. For additional information click here.
"Networking opportunities are unparalleled for campus law enforcement." – 2018 conference attendee
- The US dollar is strong! ($1 CAD = $.76 USD as of 1/10/19)
- Mild temperatures: averaging 66º F–72º F.
- Vancouver is a very walkable city. Major attractions downtown are within 10 minutes walking distance, including Gastown, Stanley Park, and Robson Street.
- Your delegate badge comes with extra perks! Remember to bring your badge with you to enjoy exclusive discounts and offers.
Photos courtesy of Tourism Vancouver