IACLEA's Annual Conference & Exposition is the premier training conference for campus public safety leaders. The meeting provides unparalleled opportunities for attendees to network and share best practices with their colleagues. We invite you to join us in family-friendly Orlando, Florida, at IACLEA's 60th Annual Conference & Exposition June 29 – July 2, 2018.
The 2018 conference will serve as the kick-off of IACLEA's 60th Anniversary year. The conference schedule will be modified to provide the same wide-ranging, high-quality educational content, while allowing time for family fun or casual networking with colleagues. IACLEA Corporate Partners are already "cooking up" some new ways to socialize and strategize at unique special events.
**Early Bird Registration Open Until April 30, 2018**
Members - $625.00
Non-Members - $750.00
Retired Members - $400.00
- Keynote: Pulse Night Club Shooting, Orlando Police Department
- Keynote: Fair & Impartial Policing, Lori Fridell, PhD
- Keynote: Crowd Management - Ensuring Protection of First Amendment Rights, Attorney Eric Daigle (sponsored by PowerDMS)
- Over 25 workshops covering a variety of topics such as Clery Act, emergency response, sexual assault, drugs and alcohol, community policing, and technology. A sample of workshops include:
- What Campus Law Enforcement Administrators Need to Know About the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act, Michael DeBowes, Director of Research & Strategic Initiatives, The National Association of Clery Compliance Officers and Professionals (NACCOP)
- Investigating and Management of a High Profile Sexual Assault Occurence on Campus, Capt. Donnie Harville, Vanderbilt University Police Department
- The Ohio State University Attack: Lessons Learned, Chief Craig Stone & Deputy Chief Kimberly Spears-McNatt, The Ohio State University Police Division
- Fentanyl 101: What Campus Law Enforcement Officers & Administrators Need to Know, Acting Unit Chief Eric Triana, Drug Enforcement Administration
- The Forensic Experiential Trauma Interview: A Change in the Conversation, Christopher F. Wilson, PSYD LLC
- Virginia Tech: A Story of Survival and Recovery, Lisa Hamp, Koshka Institute
IACLEA will continue to update the program as speakers are confirmed!
NEW! Pre-Conference Workshop - June 28, 9am-3pm
IACLEA is thrilled to bring together nationally renowned campus safety experts from D. Stafford and Associates, Clery Center, and Margolis Healy for a training addressing emerging issues in Clery Act compliance. The session allows participants to learn from subject-matter experts about key challenges in Clery compliance and practical solutions. Panel sessions, roundtable activities, and questions-and-answers sessions afford the opportunity to dialogue with presenters and other participants to learn best and promising approaches to address key campus safety concerns. Additional fee of $79.00 applies.
"I found the IACLEA annual conference to be one of the best training conferences I've attended," said Chief Wayne James, Chief of police, Indiana University Northwest. "As a first-time attendee, I appreciated the customer service to ensure all attendees could maximize the experience. The mix of educational sessions, product review, and colleague-to-colleague networking was invaluable. I plan to be back in 2018!"
Chief's Host Night & 60th Anniversary Celebration:
Join us on Saturday, June 30th at B.B. King's Blues Club at Point Orlando where we'll eat, drink, and dance the night away. This will be an unforgettable summer night featuring the B.B. King All-Star Band, special recognition of past IACLEA presidents, and much more!
The Caribe Royale is the official hotel and conference center. This all-suite hotel is extending a discounted rate of $145.00 per night (single or double occupancy) for conference attendees. Larger two-bedroom villas are available for $245.00 per night which are perfect for families! Make your reservations by June 6, 2018, to receive this rate! All room rates are subject to applicable tax.
Phishing Scams: Unauthorized companies may claim to be a partner of IACLEA or falsely claim to be the official conference hotel. If you are unsure whether or not a company is legitimate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rebate Disclosure: IACLEA has negotiated a discounted group rate at our official conference hotel. A portion of the room rate will be returned to IACLEA to assist us with covering some conference expenses. Please stay at the official IACLEA conference hotel and help support the association.
Once the meeting is adjourned, a world of thrilling attractions, superb restaurants, championship golf courses, world-class spas, captivating museum exhibitions and performing arts, and more than 1,200 retail shops await you. Show your conference badge and receive special discounts and offers! Information is available at Visit Orlando!
"IACLEA's annual conference is where we are able to have genuine in-depth conversations with campus public safety decision-makers about how Allied Universal's variety of solutions meet their specific needs," said Jonathan Kassa, MPA, Director, Higher Education, Allied Universal. "The Exhibit Hall and, equally important, other opportunities to network outside of the hall, allows us to understand the needs of campus safety and security now, as well as into the future. A valuable business development opportunity."
The 2018 Annual Conference will be bigger and better. Don't miss it.