Aug 22, 2017
MILWAUKEE, WI (June 26, 2017) The International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA) today swore in its new officers of the board of directors for the 2017-2018 term during the organizations 59th Annual Conference & Exposition in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This slate of officers, with eight regional directors and three directors at-large will remain in place until new officers are sworn in during the organizations 2018 Annual Conference in Orlando, Florida, June 29-July 2. The officers were selected through a vote of all current IACLEA members.
The 2017-2018 IACLEA officers are:
- President – David Bousquet, chief of police at Becker College, Worcester Campus
- President elect – Paul Ominsky, executive director of public safety at Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey
- Immediate Past President – Randy Burba, chief of public safety, Chapman University, Orange, California
- Vice President for Finance – Eric Heath, associate vice president for safety and security, University of Chicago
Two officers have completed their terms and received appreciation from the assembled members:
- Bill Taylor, chief of police at Collin College, Plano, Texas
- Jasper Cooke, director of critical event preparedness and response, Augusta University, Augusta, Georgia
"IACLEA members have elected the right leaders for the right time in the Associations history," said David Perry, assistant vice president for safety and chief of police at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida. Chief Perry was IACLEA president for the 2014-2015 term. "For IACLEA to effectively serve its members and our higher education partners, the leadership must be both bold and thoughtful. I believe these are the qualities this team will exhibit as they advance IACLEA programs, membership, and prestige."
President Bousquet and the Board of Directors will lead the organization during an important period of transition. IACLEA will establish its headquarters in the Washington, DC, area, shift its management/staffing model, expand its training programs, and increase its collaboration with law enforcement partners and advocacy efforts.
Among the new IACLEA initiatives are an Emerging Issues training series, Website (launching September 1), custom mobile IACLEA App (available now), and Distance Learning Webinar series (ongoing). The association hired its first director of training, who started his tenure by attending the Annual Conference. He will expand and improve delivery of IACLEA educational trainings.
A complete list of the Board of Directors is available at IACLEA.org.
The International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators is the leading authority for campus public safety. Founded in 1957, today the organization has more than 3,200 members in 15 countries.
Gwen Fitzgerald, Director of Communications
860.586.7517 - firstname.lastname@example.org