Jul 01, 2017
New Officers Sworn in for 2017-2018 Term
At IACLEA's Annual Business Meeting during the organization’s 59th Annual Conference & Exposition in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, new officers and Board Members were sworn in. This slate of officers, with eight regional directors and three directors at-large, will remain in place until new officers are sworn in during the organization’s 2018 Annual Conference in Orlando, Florida, June 29-July 2. The officers were selected through a vote of all current IACLEA members.
The 2017-2018 IACLEA officers are:
- President – David Bousquet, chief of police at Becker College, Worcester Campus
- President Elect – Paul Ominsky, executive director of public safety at Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey
- Immediate Past President – Randy Burba, chief of public safety, Chapman University, Orange, California
- Vice President for Finance – Eric Heath, associate vice president for safety and security, University of Chicago
For IACLEA to effectively serve its members and our higher education partners, the leadership must be both bold and thoughtful. I believe these are the qualities this team will exhibit as they advance IACLEA programs, membership, and prestige.
Director-at-large August Washington, associate vice chancellor and chief of police at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, was sworn in.
Two officers completed their terms and received appreciation from the assembled members:
- Bill Taylor, chief of police at Collin College, Plano, Texas
- Jasper Cooke, director of critical event preparedness and response, Augusta University, Augusta, Georgia
"IACLEA members have elected the right leaders for the right time in the Association’s history," said David Perry, assistant vice president for safety and chief of police at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida. Chief Perry was IACLEA president for the 2014-2015 term. "For IACLEA to effectively serve its members and our higher education partners, the leadership must be both bold and thoughtful. I believe these are the qualities this team will exhibit as they advance IACLEA programs, membership, and prestige." A complete list of the Board of Directors is available at IACLEA.org.