Oct 14, 2019
Do you know stellar IACLEA members who you’d like to see represent you on the Board of Directors? Maybe you’re looking for a challenge and want to take your leadership skills to the next level. You can help IACLEA continue to further its mission to advance the campus public safety profession by nominating yourself or a colleague in January for a position on IACLEA’s Board of Directors. IACLEA needs and welcomes the enthusiastic participation of its members on the Board of Directors.
Here are some of the main responsibilities of an IACLEA Board member:
- assist in revenue generation from sponsors, vendors, grants, etc.
- ensure a solid, balanced budget
- lead specific high-profile projects, committees, or task forces
- oversee the strategic direction and management of the association
- recruit new members
- represent IACLEA in-person and virtually at conferences and meetings.
Several positions will become vacant in the 2020–2021 election cycle, including:
- Director at Large
- Northeast Regional Director
- Southeast Regional Director
- Southwest Regional Director
- Vice President for Finance
2020–2021 Election Timeline Highlights:
- January: Nominations are accepted (you may self-nominate).
- Late February: After ensuring eligibility, the Leadership Development Committee will announce the slate of candidates.
- Late February to early March: Candidate endorsements will be accepted via IACLEA CONNECTIONS.
- March: Institutional representatives and professional members vote via electronic ballot.
- Early April: Election results are announced.
New and/or re-elected Board members will be sworn into office on June 25, 2020, in New Orleans, Louisiana. More information on Board of Directors roles, responsibilities, and eligibility can be found here. Questions can be directed to Immediate Past President and Leadership Development Committee Chair Paul Ominsky.