Sep 02, 2020
As we venture back to the campus, it is important to remember we are still in the midst of a pandemic. Due to the congregate living and learning environments in a college community, we all must be prepared to be identified as a close contact of an individual who tests positive or to test positive ourselves for COVID-19. In an effort to keep others safe, if this occurs, we must have items ready to move into quarantine or isolation at a site designated by the institution or public health officials.
Pack a bag so that you can quickly “grab and go” if you have to go into isolation or quarantine. The bag should be equipped with at least 7-days’ worth of the following items:
- Comfortable clothing (shirts, hoodie, pants/shorts, underwear, socks, etc.)
- Medication (prescriptions, pain medication, upset stomach/nausea, cough medicine, etc.)
- Personal hygiene products (deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, brush/comb, tampons/pads, etc.)
- Vision essentials (glasses, contacts)
- Hydrating powdered drinks to be mixed into water
- Cough drops
- Technology, such as a phone or laptop with the charging devices
- Physical list of important phone numbers and people
- Physical list of allergies
- Masks or other facial coverings
- Hand sanitizer
- And, yes, also your schools books and other supplies.
Keeping these items handy will assist in protecting you and others while we all navigate through this pandemic together.