Sep 09, 2020
On Tuesday, September 29, 4:00-5:15 pm,The International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA) and NASPA are teaming up to host a live briefing. The moderated program will use a question and answer format and will feature a senior student affairs administrator and the campus police chief from three different higher education institutions. The session will explore the successful relationships between these three pairs of key campus administrators to mutually support both campus safety and to support student growth, success, and development. Additionally, presenters will share how they are considering and responding to the racial justice movement that has mobilized activists nationally including students who are returning to campus in the coming weeks.
- Dusty Porter (VPSA) and Kirk Bouyelas (Chief of Police) at Tulane University
- Amy Hecht (VPSA) and Terri Brown (Chief of Police) at Florida State University
- André Stephens, Vice President for Student Development, Biola University John Ojeisekhoba, Associate Vice President and Chief of Campus Safety.
- Attendees will better understand the importance and benefits of a cohesive partnership and teamwork between student life and campus safety departments.
- Panelists will share effective concepts and methods in relation to the partnership between student affairs and campus safety departments.
- Attendees will have an opportunity to consider current methods to handle unique student situations.
Registration Link: https://engage.naspa.org/NC__Event?id=a0l0y00000Ab7hIAAR
Registration passcode for IACLEA members: IACLEA2020