Campus Safety Officer - OVERNIGHT SHIFT
Institution name: Phillips Academy
Title: Campus Safety Officer - OVERNIGHT SHIFT
Job location: MA
Job category: Officer positions
Posting date: 2023-04-14 00:00:00
End date: 2023-06-14 00:00:00
Phillips Academy Andover seeks candidates for a full time Campus Safety Officer. Campus Safety Officers provide safety services that assist the campus community in maintaining order, enhance the personal safety of students, faculty, staff, and visitors, and ensure the security of Academy property.
This position is full-time, 12 months per year, 40 hours per week, with a schedule of Wednesday through Sunday, 11pm-7am. Hours are assigned to maintain 24/7 coverage, including holidays, nights, and weekends.
Campus Safety Officers are considered “Essential Personnel” in the event of:
- an emergency that occurs on the Phillips Academy Campus, or in the vicinity that would impact the PA campus;
- inclement or severe weather affecting campus or;
- other emergency situations deemed appropriate.
Essential Personnel may be required to report to or remain at work if instructed to do so, if contacted directly by a supervisor (or his/her designee).
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- Must successfully complete CPR/AED training.
- Must successfully complete Campus Safety Field Training.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Experience in an institutional or campus setting preferred.
- Customer service experience desirable.
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting preferred.
Full job description below.
Benefits we offer:
- Employer-subsidized medical, dental, mental health benefits—eligible day 1
- Retirement program with 10% employer contribution
- Annual paid time off: 13 holidays, 3–6 weeks vacation, 10–12 sick days
- Employer-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Professional development programs
- Education assistance including tuition remission/reimbursement
- Access to museums, guest speakers, cultural and performing arts
- Campus close to interstates 495 and 93 with free parking
- Free meals during work hours
- Discounted on-campus childcare
Phillips Academy requires that all faculty, staff, and administrators, subject to disability and religious accommodation exceptions under federal and state law, be up to date with their COVID vaccination, which includes any boosters that have been added to meet the CDC definition of up to date. For student-facing faculty, staff, and administrators, this now includes the new bivalent booster.
Phillips Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Phillips Academy is an intentionally diverse and inclusive residential community “committed to creating an equitable and inclusive school in which students from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences—including race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, socioeconomic class, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, and ability—learn and grow together.” The ideal candidate supports the inclusive and diverse nature of the community. Any offers of employment will be contingent upon successful CORI/SORI, ADP (RMV) and fingerprinting background checks as well as unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
CONNECTIONS is IACLEA's member community featuring peer networking and a full library of resources for the betterment of campus public safety.