Chief of Police & Director of Campus Safety
Institution name: Pennsylvania College of Technology
Title: Chief of Police & Director of Campus Safety
Job location: PA
Job category: AVP/Campus Chief/Public Safety (Department Leader) positions
Posting date: 2023-03-09 00:00:00
End date: 2023-04-01 00:00:00
This person shall have responsibility for the direction of law enforcement and security programs for the College community, facilities, and property. He/she is legally responsible for the enforcement of all-governmental statutes, rules, and regulations and for performing all phases of police work including protection of life and property, preservation of peace and order of the College community, enforcement of laws, public safety, and investigative work. This person will also plan and direct disaster response and crisis management activities, provide disaster preparedness training, and prepare plans and guidelines for disasters (natural or manmade) and crisis situations. This person shall also be responsible for the regulation and enforcement of all parking on College property.
Provides leadership by recruiting, orienting, training employees and developing personal growth opportunities. Motivates employees by resolving issues and making sound decisions as well as ensuring compliance to college policy. Position to start June 1, 2023.
Minimum Education and experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or related discipline, OR, in lieu of degree, equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· Must be eligible to be commissioned as an Officer by the Municipal Police Officer Education and Training Commission.
· Successful completion of the Pennsylvania Act 120 training.
· Five (5) years of administrative experience directing a police department, preferably on a college campus.
Minimum abilities and skills:
· Knowledge of current Pennsylvania criminal and vehicle codes and enforcement procedures.
· Ability to investigate incidents.
· Excellent organizational, administrative and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
· Ability to interpret laws and regulations pertaining to law and public safety.
· Demonstrated sensitivity to diversity and multicultural issues.
· Functional ability with computers and requisite software packages utilized in the office.
· Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively and courteously with students, staff, faculty, parents, and the public.
· Possession of a valid driver’s license.
· Ability to coordinate all aspects of a campus emergency.
· High professional standards and an attitude of customer service.
· Must possess good listening skills with ability to motivate positive relationships among the officers.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including educational benefits for employees and dependents at Penn College and The Pennsylvania State University. To learn how you or someone you may know can make a difference, please view the detailed job announcement and apply on the People & Culture website. If you have any questions, please contact People & Culture at 570-327-4770 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see the detailed job announcement on our website and to: Chief of Police & Director of Campus Safety
At Penn College, People make the Difference
Penn College is committed to equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce
CONNECTIONS is IACLEA's member community featuring peer networking and a full library of resources for the betterment of campus public safety.