Coordinator, Safety, Security & Emergency Preparedness
Institution name: Broward College
Title: Coordinator, Safety, Security & Emergency Preparedness
Job location: FL
Job category: Command/Supervisory Staff positions
Posting date: 2022-09-09 00:00:00
End date: 2022-10-09 00:00:00
Under limited supervision, the purpose of the job is to provide and oversee a diverse range of coordination and support activities for the Department of Safety, Security & Emergency Preparedness, which requires specialized knowledge and comprehensive administrative, organizational, and operational skills. This individual will establish, develop, and coordinate the institution’s Clery Act Compliance programs at all Broward College locations while serving and acting as the institutions Clery Compliance Officer. Additionally serves as the Accreditation Manager regarding the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA) while equally working to establish, develop, and coordinate department operational directives and standards.
· Bachelor’s degree in public administration, criminal justice, emergency management or closely related field required. Master’s degree preferred. Management or Security experience in Higher Education a plus.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
· Four or more years coordinating a program, safety or Emergency Management experience. Experience complying with the requirements of the Clery Act is preferred.
· IS100, 200, 700, &/OR 800 Certification required OR must obtain within first 90 days of employment.
· Daily - 30%: Assists the Senior Director of Emergency Management and the Department of Safety, Security & Emergency Preparedness with department objectives as well as elements related to the emergency management program.
· Daily - 20%: Coordinates all Clery compliance requirements and serves as the Clery Compliance Officer.
· Daily - 15%: Serves as Accreditation Manager and coordinates requirements along with development of department standards and operational directives.
· Weekly - 10%: Acts as a liaison between other College departments (Professional Development, Promotions and Public Relations, etc.) as needed in regards to safety, security and emergency management functions.
· Weekly - 10%: Creates reports for college and public distribution pertaining to safety, security, and emergency management.
· Weekly - 5%: Researches, develops, initiates, and evaluates new and existing training courses for Campus Safety personnel.
· Monthly - 5%: Develops and maintains the Campus Safety & Security website.
· Other - 5%: Performs related duties as assigned.
· Knowledge in accounting and financial management; budgeting; customer service and communication skills; experience with Microsoft Office Applications; web design and web management knowledge; general understanding of the College's structure, policies, and practices (knowledge on how those might affect safety, security, and emergency management a plus)
· Expertise in understanding and following plans, including the coordination of multiple resources and activities.
· Understanding of and ability to coordinate projects and locate resources from outside the department.
· Ability to exchange information with individuals and collaborate with colleagues within the College; presentation skills.
· Ability to interact and effectively communicate with a diverse employee, student population.
Diversity and Inclusion
Works effectively with all individuals and contributes to a positive environment by working with a diverse population of students, faculty, staff and external constituents. Contributes to an inclusive, respectful, and empowering working environment that welcomes diverse perspectives
Respect for Others
Demonstrates respect for team members and constituents by valuing their contributions toward the goals of the work unit and the College. Maintains professionalism and contributes to a cohesive work environment
Cooperates and collaborates with individuals & groups that supports the mission and values of the College
Flexibility & Adaptability
Adapts approaches as situations in the work environment changes. Supports change based on the environmental needs, emerging technologies, and system upgrades
Effectively applies concepts, theories, methods, tools, techniques, and expertise in area of discipline (i.e. HR, Finance, Student Affairs, etc.)
Continuous Improvement & Learning
Actively develops one's own skills and explores opportunities for personal learning and continuous development within the job's functionality and in support of the goals and mission of department, division and the College
Coordinator, Safety, Security & Emergency Preparedness
Full time Regular
Cypress Creek Administrative Center
$42,320 - $49,726 Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Monday - Friday
Open Until Filled
To be considered for this position, a completed online employment application along with a resume is required. The first review date of applications will begin on September 19, 2022.
Professional Technical Staff (PTS)
For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire. An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process and must be attached to the online application. If unable to attach the documentation, please email document to email@example.com or fax to stating clearly the and the transcript is to be attached to.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline. All required documentation must be received on or before the job posting end date.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the required background screening process.
Broward College uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 Form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.