Executive Development Institute 2019
This 3.5-day course is the premier training for campus public safety leaders—current and future chiefs and directors—and focuses on law enforcement/public safety leadership and management topics.
The cost of EDI 2019 for IACLEA members is $999 before the early-bird deadline of January 11, 2019. The price is $1,079 for members after January 11. The course is deliberately kept small. Please register early to guarantee a seat!
Registration opens to non-members on November 1, 2018; the cost is $1,249. After the early-bird deadline (November 1, 2018), non-member registration will rise to $1,329. Not a member? Now is a great time to join!
2019 EDI Objectives & Curriculum
- Discuss critical issues for policing in higher education
- Understand the basic concepts of facilitating change in the current law enforcement environment
- Identify the basic principles of effective leadership
- Discuss the components and contemporary issues in Community Relations
- Identify current challenges for public safety decision makers
- Explore best practices and model programs in law enforcement
Program topics will include:
- Crisis Management
- Organizational Theory
- Management of Police Organizations
- Leadership Principles
- Police Accountability
- Workforce Diversity
- Change Facilitation
- Managing Staff
- Effective Communications