Executive Development Institute 2020
Length of class: 3 days; in-person
Hotel: Circus Circus Reno Hotel & Casino, the special room rate will be available until the group block is sold-out.
Audience: Current chiefs, directors, and agency heads, as well as senior command-level staff, aspiring chiefs and directors. Also a valuable investment in the professional development of standout members of your leadership team. Participants can be sworn or non-sworn, work at public or private/2-year or 4-year institutions.
2020 EDI Objectives & Curriculum
- Discuss critical issues for policing in higher education
- Understand the basic concepts of facilitating change in the current campus law enforcement and public safety environment.
- Identify the basic principles of effective leadership
- Discuss the components and contemporary issues in Community Relations
- Identify current challenges for police and public safety decision-makers
- Explore best practices and model programs in law enforcement and public safety
Program topics will include:
- Crisis Management
- Organizational Theory
- Management of Police and Public Safety Organizations
- Leadership Principles
- Police and Public Safety Accountability
- Workforce Diversity
- Change Facilitation
- Managing Staff
- Effective Communications
*Continental breakfast and lunch provided on full course days. A graduation ceremony is held on the final day of the conference.