Executive Development Institute 2020
In light of travel restrictions at multiple member institutions due to COVID-19, additional demands on-campus public safety leaders on their campuses, and—most importantly—the health and safety of our instructors and class participants, IACLEA has decided to reschedule the 2020 Executive Development Institute (EDI).
All who have registered will remain a registered participant for the course, which will take place July 29–31, 2020, at member institution University of Nevada, Reno. Event hotel Circus Circus will honor the special rate it offered us. Hotel staff will cancel all current reservations and, if applicable, provide you a refund within 3–5 days. IACLEA will soon provide you with a new link to book your hotel room for July.
Length of class: 3 days; in-person
Hotel: Circus Circus Reno Hotel & Casino, the special room rate will be available until the group block is sold-out.
Audience: Current chiefs, directors, and agency heads, as well as senior command-level staff, aspiring chiefs and directors. Also a valuable investment in the professional development of standout members of your leadership team. Participants can be sworn or non-sworn, work at public or private/2-year or 4-year institutions.
2020 EDI Objectives & Curriculum
- Discuss critical issues for policing in higher education
- Understand the basic concepts of facilitating change in the current campus law enforcement and public safety environment.
- Identify the basic principles of effective leadership
- Discuss the components and contemporary issues in Community Relations
- Identify current challenges for police and public safety decision-makers
- Explore best practices and model programs in law enforcement and public safety
Program topics will include:
- Crisis Management
- Organizational Theory
- Management of Police and Public Safety Organizations
- Leadership Principles
- Police and Public Safety Accountability
- Workforce Diversity
- Change Facilitation
- Managing Staff
- Effective Communications
*Continental breakfast and lunch provided on full course days. A graduation ceremony is held on the final day of the conference.