First-Line Supervisor Institute 2020 - Leadership Series
Length of class: 3.5 days; in-person
Members: $799. After the early-bird deadline, the member rate is $879.
Non-members: $1049. After the early-bird deadline, the non-member rate is $1,179.
Hotel: Hilton University of Houston, the special room rate will be available until December 6th or until the group block is sold-out.
Audience: corporals, sergeants, or those serving as a first-line supervisor/about to be promoted to first-line supervisors. Participants can be sworn or non-sworn, work at public or private/2-year or 4-year institutions.
Topics to be covered:
- Personality assessment (day 1)
- Leadership styles (day 1)
- Making the transition from officer to supervisor (day 2)
- Performance management of subordinates (day 2)
- Impact of first-line supervision on morale & departmental perception of line officers (day 3)
- Managing Implicit Bias (day 3)
- De-escalation techniques for supervisors (day 3)
- Managing critical incidents (day 4)
The development team consists primarily of three campus chiefs/directors with PhDs, who are actively engaged in the writing of the curriculum and in the presentations that will occur.