James L. McGovern and IACLEA Annual Scholarship Award Requirements
Students applying for the James L. McGovern or IACLEA Annual Scholarship Awards must meet the following qualifications for consideration:
- be currently enrolled full-time at an IACLEA member institution;
- be working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree;
- be employed in some capacity by the campus security/public safety/police department at the member institution;
- have a cumulative 3.0 grade-point average for all college coursework to date;
- demonstrate merit and a need deserving of IACLEA scholarship support;
- and receive the recommendation of the IACLEA Institutional Representative at the applicant's institution.
Only complete applications will be forwarded to the Awards and Recognition Committee for consideration. Each application must include the following items:
- James L. McGovern or IACLEA Annual Scholarship Award Application
- IACLEA Institutional Representative Recommendation (this person is usually the Chief/Director - please email email@example.com if you need to verify the name of the Institutional Representative)
- An essay of 500 words or less addressing your need and why you are deserving of IACLEA scholarship support.
If you have questions about these scholarships and/or eligibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.