Mary Voswinkel Memorial Scholarship Requirements
Students applying for the Mary Voswinkel Memorial Scholarship must meet the following qualifications for consideration:
- be currently enrolled full-time at an IACLEA member institution;
- be a female student who intends to pursue a career in law enforcement;
- be working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree;
- be employed in some capacity by the campus security/public safety/police department at the member institution;
- have a cumulative 3.0 grade-point average for all college course work to date;
- demonstrate merit and a need deserving of Mary Voswinkel Memorial Scholarship support;
- and receive the recommendation of the IACLEA Institutional Representative at the applicant's institution.
Only complete applications will be forwarded to the Awards and Recognition Committee for consideration. Each application must include the following items:
- Mary Voswinkel Memorial Scholarship Application
- IACLEA Institutional Representative Recommendation (this person is usually the Chief/Director - please email email@example.com if you need to verify the name of the Institutional Representative)
- An essay of 500 words or less addressing your need and why you are deserving of Mary Voswinkel Memorial Scholarship support. Please include one paragraph addressing why you plan to pursue a career in law enforcement. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about this scholarship and/or eligibility, please contact email@example.com.