IACLEA is the leading authority for the campus public safety community. For nearly 60 years, campus public safety experts have collaborated to share successful solutions to shared problems. Today the Association is the leader in campus public safety training, advocacy, and collaboration globally.
IACLEA programs and conferences provide opportunities for members to connect and discuss job challenges, share best practices, and utilize the clearinghouse of information amassed over decades.
IACLEA has more than 4,000 members representing more than 1,000 colleges in 15 countries. Join us!
IACLEA memberships includes a range of benefits from free and discounted training to an extensive communications stream and online resource library to representation before and information from federal law enforcement agencies.
"IACLEA provides my PhD in campus law enforcement." Kathy Zoner, Chief of Police, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
Join IACLEA to enjoy all we have to offer.
Join to Develop Professionally
- Gain instant access to a wealth of resources, including model policies, best practices, innovative programs, crime prevention resources, and informative articles, available 24/7 via iaclea.org and IACLEA Connections, the foremost online discussion platform for campus public safety professionals
- Stay current on trends, key issues, and legislation with the Campus Law Enforcement Journal, three-times-per-week News Digest, quarterly Corporate Partner e-Newsletter and monthly e-Newsletter.
- Increase your knowledge through learning opportunities such as the Annual Conference & Exposition, regional conferences, Distance Learning Webinars, Emerging Issues trainings, and the Executive Development Institute.
Join to Collaborate and Network
- Connect and network with peers at regional and annual conferences to share experiences and useful information and building one-on-one relationships
- Grow your leadership skills through service: participate in committee work, author articles, and engage in strategic initiatives
- Access the best from your colleagues via IACLEA Connections, the vibrant online networking platform for campus public safety…participate in discussion forums, share resources, and develop contacts with other campus public safety colleagues around the world
- Share your expertise as a subject matter expert at conferences, Webinars or in the Campus Law Enforcement Journal
Join to Shape Public Policy
- Make your voice heard on important public policy issues
- Stay informed about the latest changes in the Clery Act and other laws and regulations that impact campus public safety through government relations updates
- Actively participate in the shaping of public policy through Capitol Hill Day and other governmental relations activities
Other Important Reasons to Join
- Accreditation Program – IACLEA Accreditation of a campus public safety department constitutes recognition that the department conforms to the highest professional standards for campus law enforcement and protective services
- LEMAP – The Loaned Executive Management Assistance Program (LEMAP) provides, upon request, assistance in improving the administration, management or operations of a police/public safety/security agency and may aid in implementing improved practices and techniques
- Corporate Partner Program and Group Purchasing Program – These programs provide access to, information about, and discounts for product and service solutions to help meet professional challenges
- Awards – Five annual awards are bestowed at the Annual Conference: Innovations in Community Oriented Policing, Administrative Excellence, Merit, Valor, and the Officer Memorial Award
- Scholarships – Three annual scholarships are offered for students employed by campus public safety agencies at IACLEA member institutions
Membership in IACLEA is open to:
- sworn or non-sworn colleges, universities and secondary schools throughout the United States, Canada and other countries
- individual campus public safety directors and staff
- criminal justice faculty members
- municipal chiefs of police
- companies offering campus law enforcement products and services
- individuals who support professionalism in campus law enforcement administration