Officer, Campus Safety, McDaniel College
Institution name: McDaniel College
Title: Officer, Campus Safety
Job location: MD
Job category: Officer positions
Posting date: 2022-01-11 10:15:00
End date: 2022-02-28 10:48:00
McDaniel College, recognized nationally among “Colleges that Change Lives” and U.S. News and World Report top-tier liberal arts colleges, is a four-year private college of the liberal arts and sciences offering more than 60 undergraduate programs of study, including dual and student-designed majors, plus 20 highly regarded graduate programs.
McDaniel College invites applications for an Officer. Salary for this full-time, 12-month position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. At McDaniel College we value our employees by offering our full-time employees tuition remission, 403B retirement accounts, paid time off, medical insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and paid maternity and parental leave. Visit College website for more information.
Campus Safety Officers are responsible to the Director of Campus Safety through the command structure for the protection of life and property on the McDaniel College campus. This position is assigned shifts variably, and is expected to be available for occasional overtime, and holiday work. Training, both on campus in-service and off site, is assigned. Officers are expected to develop familiarity with collateral areas of personal interest/expertise needed by the Department and assigned. The Officer may conduct programming or present the Department to the larger community in roles such as: non-traditional educational displays and presentations or participation in external interactions such as mutual operations and patrols with other law enforcement and public safety agencies. This is a safety sensitive position and pre-employment and random drug testing are required. The criticality of error in this position is very high and all tasks (including routine) tasks must be done with precision.
- Provide deterrent patrols throughout campus noting or documenting safety hazards, rule infractions, law violations, and suspicious activities.
- Answer calls for service (emergency and routine); provide service within the scope of training and ability referring those without to appropriate College and governmental services.
- Dispatch and clerical duties as may be required to continue operations.
- Perform other duties related to the efficient function of the Department or the College.
Qualifications & Experience:
- High School diploma required.
- 1 year in law enforcement/security department (college law enforcement preferred) or emergency service agency. Additional education may be substituted for experience.
- Ability to self-start and self-supervise daily tasks and to work under stress necessary.
- Exceptional communications skills both written and oral are required.
- Must be able to maintain a departmentally approved First Aid/CPR/AED certification.
- Must have and maintain a valid Class C driver’s license with two or less points.
- Must be able to hold a Special Police Commission.
To Apply: For a complete job description including qualifications and to apply, please go to: https://mcdaniel.interviewexchange.com/static/clients/561MCM1/index.jsp. Completed applications must include a cover letter addressing position qualifications and related experience, resume, the names and contact information of three professional references, and job applicataion. Review of applications begins immediately.
McDaniel College is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on basis of any protected status including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, marital status, veteran’s status or any other legally protected status. McDaniel College is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in which all students, faculty, and staff can flourish.