Institution name: University of Rochester
Title: Peace Officer
Job location: NY
Job category: Officer positions
Posting date: 2023-03-10 00:00:00
End date: 2023-04-14 00:00:00
As a community, University of Rochester and URMC are defined by a deep commitment to Meliora - Ever Better. Embedded in that ideal are the values we share: Inclusion, Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. On good days and hard days, we show up for each other and those who depend on us. Together, we will uplift our communities by providing the highest quality care and support for all people we serve.
The University of Rochester is seeking Public Safety Peace Officers to join our Department of Public Safety. Our Peace Officers are committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of everyone in the University community. This is accomplished by providing a visible, reassuring, readily accessible presence, all the while fostering beneficial community relations.
You’re a great candidate for this role if you use good judgement and enjoy problem solving, have a keen eye for attention, are an effective communicator and have the desire to uplift our communities.
Our Peace Officer’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Treating all community members with respect and integrity
- Investigating crimes, motor vehicle accidents, and perform warrantless searches and arrests
- Upholding all current laws and ethical standards when making arrests, exercising force, and when confiscating firearms and illicit drugs
- Obtaining and filing sworn depositions, criminal complaints, and effectively recalling situations - written and verbal
- High school diploma/GED with experience in a related area, such as emergency services/first response, public safety, or security.
- Preferred: Associates degree in Political Science, Criminal Justice, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- A valid NYS Driver’s License
- Must be willing to work any shift assigned (Days, Evenings, Nights, Holidays and Weekends)
- Must be able to pass a thorough background check which includes criminal, education, driving record, drug screen and psychological evaluation.
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion to advance the University’s Mission to Learn, Discover, Heal, Create – and Make the World Ever Better.
In support of our values and those of our society, the University is committed to non-discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, military/veteran status, national origin, race, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law. This commitment extends to the administration of our policies, admissions, employment, access, and recruitment of candidates from underrepresented populations, veterans, and persons with disabilities consistent with these values and government contractor Affirmative Action obligations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.70 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Weekend availability
CONNECTIONS is IACLEA's member community featuring peer networking and a full library of resources for the betterment of campus public safety.