Police Compliance Coordinator
Institution name: UT Health San Antonio
Title: Police Compliance Coordinator
Job location: TX
Job category: Command/Supervisory Staff positions
Posting date: 2022-01-14 00:00:00
End date: 2022-02-14 00:00:00
Under limited supervision, responsible for assisting the institution's police department in establishing and maintaining institution-wide security compliance programs; Uniform Crime Reporting, Sanction and Security Checks, Compliance with ODOP Policies, and/or Evidence Control.
1. Serves as the principal coordinator for institutional policies, procedures, programs, relating to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act.
2.Assists with the development of risk management plans and monitors legal regulations to identify and respond to changes.
3. Collaborates with various institution departments to implement and maintain compliance with federal regulations including providing direction when needed.
4. Prepares, publishes, and distributes annual security reports using data from multiple sources.
5. Processes and reviews monthly and yearly reporting submissions through the department’s records management system including NIBRS, racial profiling, service call numbers, and other crime-related data.
6. Manages the criminal and administrative background check process for prospective employees and students of the institution, including driving records. Applies scoring and manages distribution and recording keeping per UT System policies.
7. Reviews, prepares, and submits case reports to the District Attorney’s office for both custodial arrests and cases filed “at large.”
8. Answers phone calls and responds to general inquires related to designated area.
9. Processes and prepares accurate responses to open records requests.
10. Acts as an alternate evidence custodian.
11. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Communications, Emergency Management, or related field is required.
Three (3) years of law enforcement, compliance, or related experience is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Knowledge of university police department technology, software, policies, laws, and regulations.
2. Ability to form strategies to turn laws and regulations into operational goals and plans of action to ensure legal compliance.
3. Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet various deadlines.
4. Strong analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to resolve complex issues.
5. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
6. Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Office Environment within the University Police Department
Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation.
UT Health San Antonio is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our policy to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.