Procedural Justice: Recruitment & Retention (Virtual)
Procedural Justice relates to the idea of fairness between citizens and public safety agencies. It is a belief that the administration of justice, the allocation and use of departmental resources, and the resolution of conflicts in an impartial manner all produce trust and promote positive relationships between police/public safety and the communities they serve.
The DSA Procedural Justice Training Institute has been constructed for college and university police/public safety agency leaders and is taught by expert faculty. From command staff to first line supervisors, college and university sworn and non-sworn leaders who participate in Institute courses will be prepared to create and strengthen the ethical culture within their public safety organization that will aid in ensuring fair and impartial campus policing practices.
Recruitment and Retention in Today’s Modern Campus Police/Public Safety Agency (Virtual 3-Day Class)
Course Description: Campus police and public safety agency personnel must understand the communities they serve and further advance a policing philosophy and strategy that embraces diversity and difference. This session will review tangible recruitment, selection, and retention strategies designed to attract, identify, and hire candidates who possess the skill sets necessary for success in today’s colleges and universities. Key strategies of professional training and development, proper reward and recognition, and an effective performance management system will be reviewed and discussed as foundational elements of a procedurally-just campus police and public safety agency.
Some of the key topics that will be covered include:
- Reframing the tenets of productive recruitment and selection procedures
- Establishing recruitment and selection processes that will yield quality officers
- Understanding how to develop an inclusive selection process
- Creating a working environment that supports and sustains procedural justice in all management systems
- Developing a reward and recognition program to encourage and reinforce core values adherence
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive performance management approach that supports, reinforces, and embodies the core concepts of procedural justice
- Advancing retention strategies that will help maintain high-performers
Audience: Campus Police and Public Safety Command Staff and Supervisory Personnel
This course will be taught by higher education experts who have a background and expertise in recruitment and retention of Public Safety and Law Enforcement personnel on college campuses.
IACLEA members receive a 10% discount when registering for any of the classes available on the DSA website.