Public Safety Officer
Institution name: Bucknell University
Title: Public Safety Officer
Job location: PA
Job category: Officer positions
Posting date: 2022-04-07 00:00:00
End date: 2023-04-07 00:00:00
Public Safety Officer
Job No: 496955
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Public Safety
The Public Safety Officers are responsible for ensuring the safety and security of all University property and community members, both on and off campus. Duties include patrolling the campus on foot, bike, and in university-owned vehicles; responding to emergencies quickly and calmly, and determining the appropriate course of action; monitoring campus buildings, including fire, intrusion alarm, remote systems, and other security systems; providing security escort services for students and employees as requested; providing emergency first aid and/or requesting other medical services as needed; assisting with traffic detail and crowd control during special events; investigating incidents and writing reports; and enforcing parking regulations. Officers are required to participate in on-going job-related training and development activities. Officers must work a flexible schedule including weekdays, weekends, and holidays, over 3 shifts.
• To know and enforce all university policies and regulations and local and state laws.
• Patrol by foot, bike, or vehicle University properties, surrounding areas and neighborhoods as assigned, in an effort to prevent incidents.
• Ability to obtain Act 120 certification in accordance with PA law. Successful candidates may be sponsored through an academy.
• Properly and safely carry and use, when necessary, various security devices.
• Respond to emergencies and incidents in a timely manner; determine the appropriate course of action and notify law enforcement officials or other members of the campus community as appropriate.
• Promptly provide emergency first aid and/or request other related medical services as needed.
• Support the crime prevention and safety mission on campus.
• Gather and compile information, write reports, and disperse to appropriate parties for criminal, fire, incident, or accident investigations, or for medical or hazardous conditions.
• Enforce campus traffic and parking regulations; issue tickets and/or citation or warnings as necessary.
• Provide students and employees escort services as requested. Respond to requests in a timely and courteous manner.
• Transport and escort sick or injured students to and from Student Health Services or local hospitals when necessary.
• Respond to a variety of alarms such as fire, burglary, and other supervisory alarms. Assist in conducting alarm testing and evacuation drills. Respond to other types of alarms.
• Cross-train and serve as communications officer as necessary. In this capacity, monitor alarms, emergency telephone systems, closed circuit television, and dispatch Public Safety staff as needed.
• Maintain traffic details and crowd control for special events.
• Lock and unlock campus buildings.
• Maintain daily logs, reports, incident cards, and forms.
• To assist members and guests of the University in whatever manner possible in Public Safety related problems and issues. - Attend training classes and departmental meetings as required.
• To assist local law enforcement and fire agencies in the performance of their duties.
• Provide on-the-job training to co-workers as requested. Regular attendance is required.
• Provide support and backup to the Communications Officers as needed.
• Drop off and pick up keys as needed.
• Enter information into the computer systems.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Must possess the ability to obtain PA Act 120 certification; Act 2; or Act 120 equivalent (POST Academy).
• Must possess or be able to obtain a valid PA vehicle license
• Must demonstrate good written and oral communication skills.
• Must demonstrate the ability to interact sensitively and effectively with members of an academic community.
• Must be available to work weekends and some holidays.
• Must be able to reach campus within 30 minutes of driving time in the event of an emergency.
• Must be able to maintain Act 120 & ACT 235 standards including vision requirements.
The Public Safety Officer occasionally will be required to lift, move, push, pull, or carry materials weighing from 20 to 50 lbs. Regular walking, biking, and driving is required. Must be able to run, bend, lift, and climb as required. Must be able to quickly respond to critical incidents.
These are full-time, 12-month, non-exempt, benefits eligible positions.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2989229
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.