Institution name: Baylor University
Title: Security Officer
Job location: TX
Job category: Officer positions
Posting date: 2023-03-07 00:00:00
End date: 2024-03-07 00:00:00
Waco, TX, United States
Job Identification: 14051
Posting Date: 01/13/2023, 06:53 PM
Locations: Waco, TX, United States
Degree Level: High School
What We Are Looking For
The Security Guard works to provide a safe and secure environment for students, staff, faculty, and visitors by monitoring the facilities and grounds for unsafe conditions. A high school diploma or GED, less than one year of experience, and a Christian faith are required. Three years of experience are preferred. The selected candidate must hold a valid Texas Driver's License and pass a medical exam, drug screen, and background check.
What You Will Do
• Patrol facilities and monitor Safety conditions while providing a high level of customer service
• Provide basic crime prevention information and risk reduction strategies to students, staff, faculty and visitors
• Assist facility staff with access and crowd control as necessary
• Perform opening and closing procedures including securing facilities and grounds in cooperation with the Lead Security Officer and Baylor Police Department.
• Respond to various calls for service such as elevator malfunciton, fire alarm, security reports, call box and elevator phone response (non-emergency)
• Contact Baylor Police Department for emergencies and report immediate Safety concerns
• Monitor security cameras, check door, and document policy and Safety violations
• Participate in departmental training events
• Perform all other duties as assigned to support Baylor's mission
• Ability to comply with University policies
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance
What You Can Expect
As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, tuition remission, and outstanding automatic retirement contributions. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family's wellbeing and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus. To learn more go to https://www.baylor.edu/hr/index.php?id=949184
Explore & Engage
Learn more about https://www.baylor.edu/about/ and our strategic vision, https://www.baylor.edu/illuminate/. Also, explore our great hometown of https://www.baylor.edu/waco/ and many opportunities to https://www.baylor.edu/waco/index.php?id=970687
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, military service, genetic information, and disability. Baylor’s commitment to equal opportunity and respect of others does not undermine the validity and effect of the constitutional and statutory protections for its religious liberty, including, without limitation, the religious organization exemption under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the religious exemption to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, among others. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3962398
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
CONNECTIONS is IACLEA's member community featuring peer networking and a full library of resources for the betterment of campus public safety.