Virtual Clery Act Training Seminar in November (Clery Center)
Registration for this event will open soon!
November 4, 2022
Due to mail delays, individuals who register and/or submit payment for the course after October 26 may not receive the Collecting, Classifying, and Counting Guide Reference Guide, used throughout the course, by the start of the course. Therefore, we recommend registering for the course as early as possible.
The training will take place over three classes on the following dates:
- Monday, November 14* | 12:30 – 4:30 PM ET
- Wednesday, November 16* | 12:30 – 4:30 PM ET
- Friday, Friday November 18 | 12:30 – 4:30 PM ET
*Virtual office hours will be held from 4:30-5:00 PM ET on these days.
Clery Center’s Virtual Clery Act Training Seminar (VCATS) is a hybrid course delivering live, online instruction in a virtual format. Integrating both interactive elements, such as real-time discussions and case studies, with engaging online content, this comprehensive training is designed to help higher education professionals bridge that gap between the requirements of the federal law, and their campus’ distinct needs. By offering a specialized curriculum that addresses both the letter and spirit of the law, Virtual CATS will equip participants with the concrete tools and strategies necessary to create an actionable Clery compliance plan that may be implemented right away or over time.
Participants will have multiple opportunities to address campus-specific questions and apply new concepts through hands-on activities as they engage with subject matter experts, alongside institutional peers. While anyone with an interest or desire in learning more about the totality of the Clery Act is welcome at all Clery Center trainings, this three-part training is specifically designed for those with responsibility for oversight of Clery Act compliance and/or implementing its requirements. Taking place over a week, Virtual CATS will cover the Clery Act and its requirements through independently completed pre-work and real-time instruction without the need for travel.
- Identifying and training campus security authorities (CSAs)
- Identifying Clery geography
- Counting & classifying Clery Act crimes
- Composing an institution’s annual security report (ASR)
- Designing & implementing prevention and response efforts for dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking
- Conducting campus disciplinary procedures for student or employee cases of dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking
- Evaluating the need for and issuing timely warnings or emergency notifications
- Developing, revising, or implementing policy and procedures to address any of the above
Participants will receive:
- Course materials, including a digital Comprehensive Clery Act Training Seminar Workbook and hard copy Collecting, Classifying, and Counting: Clery Act Crime Data Reference Guide
- Access to pre-work that should be completed prior to the start of or during the training
- Suggested activities and resources for putting Clery Act requirements into practice
- Access to the CATS supplemental materials website
- Opportunities to network and connect with other professionals in the field as well as Clery Center instructors one-on-one
$525 per registrant
Member rate: Clery Center Members receive three (3) free Comprehensive or Virtual CATS registrations per year as a benefit of our Membership Program. Members then receive 20% off additional training registrations.
Your registration payment is required by Friday, November 4. If payment is not received by this day, your registration will be cancelled and your training seat will be released. We accept credit cards, checks, and purchase orders. Please contact Christine Arnold at email@example.com with payment questions. Thank you!