Chief John Ojeisekhoba
Chief John Ojeisekhoba began his professional career as an underwriter for Chubb & Sons Insurance Company in Los Angeles, and then transitioned into careers in municipal law enforcement with the Garden Grove Police Department and campus public safety at Biola University. He has served the Biola University Campus Safety Department since 1998 and has been the chief of the department for the last 11 years. Within that time, Chief John has sought to improve the department to the highest standard possible. He developed what he refers to as the Campus Safety Model, identifying key areas to accomplish the department’s mission, vision, and values; safety and crime prevention, customer-based services & community engagement, and a robust emergency preparedness and response program. Chief John has served as an adjunct faculty member at Biola University for over seventeen years and is a member of the President’s Advisory Council. In 2019, Chief John was promoted to the position of Associate Vice President & Chief of Campus Safety. His new responsibilities include developing an international resilience program for the university. Between March 2020 and the current date, Chief John was selected to lead and participate in several Covid-19 Task forces within Biola’s campus, at the County of Los Angeles, and statewide. Chief John currently serves as a commissioner for the City of La Mirada Public Safety Commission.
Chief John believes that the association is on the right path serving its members and addressing the current and emerging challenges the campus public safety profession faces globally. He is a visionary and a strategic thinker. He believes firmly that his personal and professional strengths in exemplary leadership, initiatives, servitude, advocacy, resilience, creativity, collaboration & partnership, and team player mindset will be part of the keys to continue building upon the success the association has attained thus far.
Since joining the IACLEA Board of Directors, Chief John has demonstrated a high level of service and commitment to the association and remains highly active. Chief John’s contributions to the association include but are not limited to the following:
- Currently serves as the Vice President of Finance
- Serves as the chair of the Finance Committee
- Serves as a member of the IACLEA Executive Council
- An active member of the Government Relations Committee
- Co-chaired the IACLEA Bylaws Taskforce that successfully reviewed and updated the association’s bylaws
- Serves as an IACLEA PreP assessor
- Represents IACLEA regionally and nationally on a broad range of subject matters impacting campus public safety
- Served as chair of the IACLEA Awards and Recognition Committee
- Served as the Regional Director for the Mountain-Pacific Region and worked with fellow Board members to develop strategies that would be beneficial to the association and its regions
- Served as Board liaison for the Non-sworn Committee
- Led strategic sessions for domestic and international IACLEA members to develop a framework that would enhance programs and services for non-sworn members
Chief John received a master’s degree in International Business & Int. Studies in 2000, and another Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership in 2004. Chief John is a recipient of numerous awards which include Campus Safety Magazine’s National Director of the Year Award, Reserve Police Officer of the Year Award, the Merit Award from the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA), the prestigious Hoffman Award from Biola University, a Special Recognition Award from the County of Los Angeles, a Special Achievement Award from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, a Special Achievement Award from the Biola University Board of Trustees, the Mayor of La Mirada Award, the National Clery Compliance Officer Award from the National Association of Clery Compliance Professionals, the President’s Award from IACLEA, and a recipient of the 2021 Achievers Award from NOBLE.